Monday, January 24, 2011

Tinkerbell Fondant cake

This was my first fondant cake. I made this for my daughter's birthday. It was so much fun.

You want to put it on a piece of cardboard and dirty ice your cake. I just used some buttercream icing that I made. You want to get out as many flaws you can, but it doesn't have to look perfect since the fondant will cover. I made my cakes and then froze them, then another day did the icing and froze those. On the last day I did the fondant. I just used boxed cake and they tasted so good and moist.
I used white fondant and then colored it pink.
Here's the finished product... The top was white confetti cake and the bottom was german chocolate cake. The bow was probably the hardest part. You have to assemble it in 3 pieces and let them dry before you can put it on the cake. I used some toothpicks to secure it better.
Inside the top tier.

No comments:

Post a Comment