Saturday, February 26, 2011

Whole wheat banana chocolate chip muffins

I grind my own wheat flour. I usually do a bunch at a time and then save it in a big container. I love to cook and I love even more to be able to make foods healthier. I like to use hard white wheat, because it's a little more like a white flour than the hard red wheat. These are so good. My family loved them and we froze some so we could grab and eat on the go!



1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. brown sugar(or agave nectar)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 C. mashed ripe banana( about 3 bananas)
1/4 C. honey
2 large eggs
2 C. whole wheat flour
2/3 C. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Line or grease a 12 cup muffin pan. I used my mini muffin pan and regular muffin pan. The mini ones are perfect for my little girl.

Beat together the butter, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the banana, honey, and eggs, beating until smooth. Add the flour an chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Divide batter into muffin cups, they'll be about half full. Bake until center comes out clean with toothpick, about 23-28min.

No comments:

Post a Comment